Monday 5 April 2010

More life drawing

I gained a lot from last weeks session including some good feedback from the facilitator, who believes that my confidence in my drawing has grown considerably and that this confidence is now starting to feed the development of style. Not sure how much of that is really true but its always nice to hear. I was also given advise on how to consider the face, something i have really struggled with, especially when using charcoal. I have been advised that when drawing the face i should not to think of the fascial features as lines or shading but more anatomically, considering the bones and muscles that lye beneath the skin. This apparently will help add more depth to my drawing and prevent the face appearing flat, like a drawing of a face on a egg. In my next life drawing session i will grab an easel that is closest to the model and concentrate on the head and neck region.         

No comments:

Post a Comment